Wednesday, November 08, 2006

see previous title

# going to see Terror 2006. Saw it last year, with Hollis as a resident of Hamburg during the arial bombardment. Very effective pieceof theatre, and as I hadn't seen him act since, well, Birmingham, I had forgotten, or not realised, just how good he is - Like Dhafer, he has a real sense of truth in how he acts - however well I know him, I completely believe that he is that person telling that story. I also bumped into Adam Meggido, who had created the festival and directed some of the pieces. I confess to being totally in awe of him in Brum - the skills he had, the ideas he came up with. Yes he was annoying, but you can;t deny the man's talent. and unlike a lot of us from that time in Brum, he has kept it going. So it was great to meet up with him again in Lamda. And to hear that Lenagan was going to be in the Terror show this year - had to go! Back to the little Union theatre, with its wodd burning stove and outdoor cafe, the rumble of trains going over head, TOTAL blackout - very atmospheric venue, and while some of the pieces this year weren't as gripping as last year, Normal was very thought provoking. Interesting to see that Simon still has some of his habits, but a very compelling performer to watch, and the playing between him and Bill as the lawyer, excellent. Seeing stuff like this just makes me realise more and more that I have taken the right decision re Arts.
# getting the jubilee line when it is going to terminate at Neasden. the train announcement is very funny, and highly recommended.
# Losing my voice. Ironically: it's just always interesting to hear changes - as long as they are temporary. And having to take a day off - well , I can;t exactly teach voice if I cant explain myself to the group. And I got so much done that needed to be done - paying in cheques, doing my hair properly, cooking some decent food, blogging, shopping. Oh and finding the perfect Liverpool text in the National's bookshop.
# Tom's pretty perfect Zulu accent, Francis S's knowledge of Japan, and Will's transcription of the Japanese lady - perhaps some of them do get it after all.
# Dhafer. nuff said.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home