Sunday, December 17, 2006

facing the facts

Okay, so the deal is this. John left a pair of his pants round here last monday (nothing that exciting - was a pair he'd washed at his place last weekend, and brought round to dry before we headed off Westward - but more of that later), and if that's one of the pairs he's taking away, it is time to get him some new ones. I won't go into details - and I don't think i'd particularly want to go into pants like those either. So headed over to Richmond to Marks and Sparks to get some nice new clean pants, a v-neck vest (they suit him so well, and I think he's only got crew neck with him in Tewkes), and thought i'd treat myself to a new bra - a daily one, as pretty much all my others are for posh. So have a hunt round for 38C in their 'normal' range, which obviously at this time of year is being pushed out (or up?) by the fancy silkie/lacie ones, which are gorgeous, but you can't wear frills under t-shirts or it looks like you have breast cellulite. So looking at the smooth t-shirt bras. pick up a couple in cream and white, a plunge, a balcony, a red in c and d, and then one of the fancy ones, just to have a look. Cause I'm not sure if I'm a c or d cup, as one of my c's gives me extra baps, while the other one is a little too big and gap-ey. So try them on, and hatefully, the fancy one looks best by itself. It turns out my cleavage is at the stage of needing balcony rather than plunge, it also turns out that I am a c, but also that my chest size has got bigger and is now at the point where M and S, that's M AND S people!, don't habitually do that size. This is bad.
Have already gone into the leisure centre to try and sign up - no 'Membership Advisors' in till Monday (oh, and weekend isn't the time when most people come in, presumably?), so I can't sign up till Tuesday (got meeting at SL school on Monday), and I can't usre the gym till then, as I have to be shown how to use a treadmill and how to pick up a 1kg dumbbell. Now because of moving round, I have been on sooooooo many induction courses at gyms, I could tell you the makers spec of most machines, but NOOOOOOOOOOO! I have to have the buttons pointed out to me and shown how to put a metal pin through the weights cradle, so not likely to get going on that till wednesday. Well, of course I could go for a long walk, or do some yoga in the lounge till then, but that's not the point!!!!!!!! All right, maybe it is.
Have been out of AE for 2 weeks and t'other one finished this week, and already I am spending the day slumped in front of the TV and despite having huge yens for greens, this appears to have changed, and have had pizza, Nutella, mince pies and quite a bit of chocolate. REALLY don't want to give myself a coronary before New Year. The bra thing is a big wake-up call. Now i've put this out in the open, it will hopefully shame me into actually doing something about it.
Wait and see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home